Thursday, October 05, 2006

Virus ? ? ?

I found out today that some of my friends and contacts have received purported emails sent by me with questionable attachments. I can assure my friends and contacts that I do not send such emails. Obviously my address book(s) have been broken into. I have also been receiving similar emails from my friends and contacts. Looks like it is going in a vicious cycle, the work of some malicious programmes intended to disrupt orderly cyber harmony and undermine one's personality and credibility. The work of sick minded genius whose brains are perhaps misaligned from proper decency, and not utilised properly.

I am not sure how to handle this anomaly in my system and would appreciate help from those who would have had similar experience before. I have only recently had my laptop reformatted and lost data in the process and I am not about to repeat it yet unless absolutely necessary. I have done virus checks and scans and so far no virus has been detected.

In the meanwhile, while I try to figure how to put the system right, if anyone continue to receive such emails please do not open but delete them instead and check back with me on its authenticity. I welcome advice from anyone on how to put this right.

Thank you all......

MKI Ramblings Unlimited
Petaling Jaya

No comments: