Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Short Facilitating Stint

It was Sunday 15th April, the day after the grand finale of the Ijtimak Ulama at Madrasah Islamiah, AlJenderami, where I was directly involved in managing part of the activities for the function. I was booked on a 7.15 am. flight to Kuala Terengganu that Sunday morning. The function on the night before, at AlJenderami, ended just after midnight. It was 2.30 am by the time I reached home. I had barely two hours sleep before catching the flight.

Five days earlier I received a call from my former staff and colleague at my former place of work in Kuala Terengganu, the outfit where I retired from. He enquired whether I could assist them in facilitating a programme for new executives in the company and that the same programme will be run at regular intervals throughout the year. I was certainly delighted to assist. I have the time, the energy I think!! and the knowledge and experience to impart so, why not I thought, and there it was, due to the short notice, I had to juggle the times for this first facilitating stint against the voluntary work at the Madrasah.

I woke up at 4.30 am, a little groggy and de-energised? Perhaps that was what it was as I felt uncomfortable. But then I had promised to be in Kuala Terengganu and was not about to break my promise. I slept in the cab and also in the plane and arrived at the hotel where the programme was held in time to join the guys for breakfast.

Facilitating the programme was not much of a hassle but the two days of standing took its toll, ha ha!! I am not that young anymore. I need to sit more and I must remember to sit more during the future programme. I can still feel the strain on my right leg (the hamstring?) and have difficulties bending my right leg especially when sitting during prayers, and it is now almost two weeks since the programme!! A clear sign of age catching up with me heh heh!

It was fun facilitating the programme and interacting with the young executives. They were very active, energetic and participated with enthusiasm. Project work assigned to them were carried out with gusto and it was a pleasure to see them so interested. They are the future leaders of the company and they have a good start. Lets hope their enthusiasm last throughout their career.

I look forward to facilitating the next batch and hope my leg will be much better by then. I am walking around with a walking stick for the time being, for added support and walking in confidence!! ……. and I hope I will not need the walking stick for too long.

MKI Ramblings Unl;imited,
Petaling Jaya

1 comment:

Diarna said...

Tok Kamil,

Hollywood portrays some characters being proud to use a walking stick. It gives them that air of authority... Hehe... Are you feeling anything like that? :-)

I'm kidding. But laughter is the best medicine for all ailments. Hope your doctor reminded you that.

Take care and it's nice to read an update after so long. Seriously though, your life sounds more hectic than mine!

Regards to all,
diarna