Tuesday, June 26, 2007

At the Palace Gardens for Morning Exercises

We were in JB for my usual trip to see mum and other kinfolks. Early in the morning, after dawn prayers Ram and I headed for the palace gardens to spend sometime exercising. I was having a little bit of difficulty walking the spacious grounds, although I had my walking stick with me, as the palace grounds is one very big open space with lots of trees, open grass areas and greens all round. I had the intention to do my regular qi gong exercises which includes the qi gong walk there.

We walked around a little bit and then picked a spot that was suitable for us to do our qi gong moves as well as the qi gong walk. The crowd of health conscious ‘exercisers’ were there, some walking, some jogging, some running, and some doing static exercises. There were also those who do their exercises in groups. While we were doing our qi gong moves, this group of ladies, all in white Ts and black pants, came by and started doing their thing not too far away from us. Ever realize that normally when people are in one big group they are noisy? …….. All talking at the same time …….. and all had to raise their voices over their own in order to be heard!!! That is why they are noisy, I mused to myself. I thought exercisers should concentrate when they exercise and not talk, but this group I thought could do both!!

We spent slightly more than an hour in the palace grounds. The weather was fine, morning dew was slowly drying up as the sun began to rise and the rustle of trees in the morning breeze invigorates our senses as we exercised and did our qi gong moves, but I am sure the group of ladies close to us did not notice these things in their contention to be heard!!

After the exercise we headed for the graveyard to visit the graves of my dad, Ram’s mum and dad and also other relatives. The whole place appeared quite unkempt with tall grass and fallen leaves and twigs all over. It had been raining almost daily in JB I was told and perhaps that’s the reason that the place looked the way it was. Anyway, we did what was necessary for us to do at the graves we visited, cleared them of the fallen leaves and overgrowth, did some simple prayers and left. We spent about an hour there.

While walking back to the car I began to feel my right leg giving up on me!! I had been walking quite some distance this morning and I thought I may have overstretched my right leg’s ‘walk-tolerance’ level, walking stick not withstanding. I had to carefully and slowly walk back to the car and then rested for a while in the car before proceeding on. What were my thoughts while resting in the car? ‘Oh my! Where have all the energy in my legs gone to? Can I still walk future distances? Will the walking stick be my regular ‘companion’ now?’ Hmmmm straight questions with no straight answers…………..

MKI Ramblings Unlimited
Petaling Jaya

No comments: