Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I Am Fine Thank You

I got this somewhere sometime ago and can't remember where.

There is nothing the matter with me,
I am as healthy as can be.
I have arthritis in both my knees,
And when I talk, I talk with a wheeze.
Sleep is denied me night after night,
But every morning I find I am alright.
My memory is failing,
my head is in a spin,
But I am awfully well for the shape I am in.

How do I know my youth is all spent?
Well, my ‘get up and go’
has got up and went.
But I really don’t mind when I think with a grin,
Of all the grand roles
my ‘get up’ has been.

‘Old age is golden’ I’ve heard it said,
But sometimes I wonder as I get into bed,
With my ears in the drawer
and my teeth in a cup,
My eyes on the table until I wake up,
Where sleep overtakes me, I say to myself,
“Is there anything else
I could lay on the shelf?”

When I was young my slippers were red,
I could kick my heels over my head.
When I was older my slippers were blue,
But I could still dance
the whole night through.
Now I am old and my slippers are black,
I walk to the corner store
and puff my way back.

I get up each morning and dust off my wits,
And pick up the paper and read the ‘obits’
If my name is still missing
I know I am not dead
So I have a good breakfast – and face what’s ahead ….


I am beginning to feel that the events and facts above are just starting to be true for me bit by bit..... ha ha ha!! Will it get worse? Ohhhh Not so soon..... I hope!!


MKI Ramblings Unlimited,
Petaling Jaya

1 comment:

Al-Khattab said...

Wow, that scares me too...