Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On the blink

We are now in Bintulu and have been here for almost a week. The day after we arrived my laptop went on the blink. Windows started dumping and refused to log on and said that one of the system files was not functioning. I had to send it for rehab...

Got the rehabilitated laptop back from the shop yesterday and fired it up.... started ok and I began configuring the programmes that I ausually apply. However midway it started to dump what I was doing and I had to restart. Looks like the problem is not completely solved. So for important stuff that I do on the computer I use the home computer that Shaffik has in the house. It is a little slow compared to the laptop but better than nothing and better than losing my work half way when it starts to dump. I will have to send the laptop back for another rehab...

Using the home computer has its downside because the kids use them too, hence its on shared time usage. I get to use it in the mornings though when the two boys are in school but the little girl is beginning to intrude too. All of us used to say that she is still too small to use the computer and she relented. The brothers keep saying, "Wait until you are big enough, then you can use the computer!!"

Yesterday, I switched on the computer and while waiting for it to log on etc etc. (It's slow remember) I went to the toilet. When I came out I saw the little girl on the computer and she said, "See, I told you Tok Bah..... I am big already" Somehow she managed to open up the picture files and was viewing her brother's school 'Ikhtifal" function (end of year certificate presentation) photographs. I asked where is your brother's picture and she could scroll to show them. So, she proved that she is big enough to use the computer. Imagine the rush to use it when the brothers come home from school.... and further limiting time for me to use it in the mornings.....

MKI Ramblings Unlimited
Bintulu

No comments: