Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hafiy the 3rd

Shaffik and Mini got another boy, another Hafiy (a second name given to the elder siblings and looks like will be given to this one too - Hafiy the 3rd!) Mini gave birth at about 10.20 this morning at a private hospital in Miri. Baby weighed in at 2.9 kg and both baby and mum are doing ok.

Our fifth grandchild and third grandson. The two boys were overjoyed when told that they now have another brother but Haadieya kept missing the point by refering to the baby as 'my baby sister' several times during conversations. By evening she accepted the fact that the baby is her baby brother and not sister. I guess, in her own way, she was psyching herself to accept a baby brother even though she very much wanted a baby sister.

I sat with her after the evening prayers and talked with her about what she would do when the baby comes home in a few days, that baby will be sleeping with mummy alot and that she will have to give way to baby and so on. Oh! she said, "I can still sleep with mummy and baby and I will help feed baby milk, and help baby sleep - demonstrating with her hands how she will do it" very confidently. Her excitement grew as we continued to talk and she reminded me several times that I should not be loud, putting her forefinger to her lips and whispering, "you must not wake baby up. Baby need to sleep and I will talk to mummy very softly" She rambled on and on and on about baby and I did not detect anymore of that baby sister thing. She has got over it I guess.



Hafiy the 3rd, born today at 10.20am

I browsed through to February 2005 in this blog archive when I posted pictures of Haadieya when she was born, and the pictures look almost the same, especially in the eyes region, but thay do not look identical though!!

MKI Ramblings Unlimited
Bintulu

2 comments:

Joe Ismyl said...

Congratulations, Bangwa. Bertambah lagi warga TCC....

Anonymous said...

Kamil and Ram:
Congratulations to the proud grandparents and parents on the arrival of little Hafiy, the 3rd. Hope the little one is doing well. Thanks for your e-mail and I will catch up with you soon.
Salaams
Shehnaaz