Sunday, August 20, 2006

Change of Habit

It has been about one month since my last posting. One of those who regularly visit reminded me of it when we met at a gathering of relatives last night. The times I had on the laptop over the period had been short and infrequent. I used to bring my laptop with me when I traveled but have not done so recently as I thought I would just travel light and leave the technological gadget at home. However, I am at home only for short periods of time hence the time spent on the laptop becomes infrequent too. This change in habit changed how I spend my days and blogging happened to be one habit that was affected…… hmmmm let me try to put that right and post my thoughts as often as I can from now on.

This change in habit (of not bringing my laptop) does have some benefits though. For one, I do not have to lug the roller bag, with laptop in it, all over the place, especially going up or down stairs, when I had to carry the stuff instead of rolling it. It can be heavy. Even if it is only one level of floor change, up or down a pavement for example, I still have to carry it. For another, I do not have to revolve my activities, when away from home, around the laptop. I still have my pda to record stuff. Of course the downside is that I have less time to spend on the laptop. I also recently discovered that I cannot synchronize my pda with my laptop. There must either be a bug in the laptop somewhere or my pda is not up to mark!! Thus whatever records I have in my pda will have to be manually transferred. That is just another technological bother I have to contend with!!

Anyway, with this change in habit, gain or no gain, something has to give and the first that gave way was blogging. I will just have to find ways to overcome it…… a lighter laptop perhaps or another pda…… hmmm just wishful thinking……….

MKI Ramblings Unlimited
Petaling Jaya

No comments: