Monday, May 29, 2006

Month of May gone to Virus?

The month of May is almost over and throughout the month I have had limited use of my laptop. I had to reformat it three times!! to sort out the virus problem, losing all my data and records in the meantime. I hope I have now, finally, sort out everything and can be back in cyberspace again, phew!

Apart from the virus thingy, there have been alot going on in the family. Son, Shaffik and family together with his in-laws were here for a holiday. We held a prayer gathering in my house to remember Ram's late sister and brother in-law, we made a trip to JB for Shaffik to meet his grandmother and the little kids to see their great-grandma. Fahrul, Sita and Najla too were here. Fahrul's parents also came to visit. So it was a series of gatherings and reunions. It was fun.


This month was also the month where we continue to celebrate 'maulud', the birthday of the prophet, which was held at a number of locations including one at our favourite mosque where we regularly go to to attend religious classes. We even went to Singapore to attend a 'maulud' at one of the mosques there. We stayed in Ram's nephew's house for two nights. I will try to write more on this maulud sessions later.

A very sad thing also happened, and this was last weekend, the day (Friday) when we returned from Singapore, when my niece's husband passed away. He had a heart attack while at home. He was only 51 years old. We stayed for the funeral and prayer services.

We returned to PJ on Sunday. I spent the whole day today reformatting my laptop, yet again, and as it is now, it seems to be behaving itself!! I hope it will continue to function properly and not fail on me again.

Many thanks to son Shaffik, son-in-law Fahrul, and nephew Azam for assisting me and giving tips on what to do to correct the laptop 'misbehaviour'. Without their help and input I would have taken much longer to put things right. Of course I can just send it to the shop and get them to repair the laptop but that would cost me much money and something at the back of my mind tells me that these computer shops are just waiting to pounce on me with hefty bills when you are in this situation and dilemma..... ah well.... I am being pessimistic.... some say I am being overly suspicious of them.... but then I cannot help being suspicious.....

MKI Ramblings Unlimited,
Petaling Jaya

No comments: