Saturday, May 13, 2006

Virus! Virus! Virus!

I have not been able to use my laptop for quite a while now, more than a month in fact, and it has been very frustrating, all because of virus infections. I had to reformat the hard drive, loosing all my data along the way, although some of them I had backed up in thumb drives, but only to find out later that that too were infected by virus!! Even as I am writing this blog posting I am aware that the laptop is not functioning to its full capacity. I can still detect some 'bugs' in its performance and is driving me to wits end!! errrrrgh!!!! There are still worms in my laptop!!

Frustration? Now that I think about it I consider the cyberspace lull as something that is preordained. I was to lay off computer for a while and there had been something good that came out of it. Hence, it was frustration unfounded. I would sometime sit for hours infront of the computer screen, surfing the net, sharing information with my peers, friends and relatives, that other things are left unattended. I would be carried away in cyberspace. When the computer was out, all those unattended things were attended to. I have to learn not to get unduly frustrated when things do not turn out right for me. I have to learn to make good of the situation, any situation for that matter, and not get stressed up unnecessarily. Like what it is now with my laptop, although there are still bugs in it, I will have to find ways to eliminate the bugs and meanwhile make do with its current availability. I realise that I am better off then others who do not even have laptops or computers at all. That is 'looking at a glass half-empty' against 'looking at a half full-glass'!!

Catching up on the happenings over the last 6 weeks or so, there had been quite a number of activities that I want to record. As usual, during that period, Ram and I travelled to Kerteh and Johore Bahru several times. One of the trips to Kerteh we made by taking the bus instead of driving and it was a very relaxing travel indeed. Other than travelling we had attended several religious gatherings to commemorate the birth of the prophet pbuh, attended retirees club functions, received several visitors and relatives in our house, held a religious and prayer gathering for Ram's late sister and brother-in-law, attended weddings of friends' children and also of Ram's grandnephew and most exciting of all was the presence in our house of our three Bintulu grandchildren together with their parents and also the other grandparents for two weeks. Time permitting, I will write on these later.

MKI Ramblings Unlimited
Petaling Jaya

1 comment:

Diarna said...

Hi Tok Kamil,

You've been away for some time ey. Now I've something less to read. Hehe... I myself do not update my blog regularly. Well, hope to hear more stories and may you and Tok Bang be in good health.

Regards,
diarna