Monday, May 19, 2008

A Quiet Weekend

After the midlands in the UK we spent a quiet weekend in Tenby. We had surprise visitors from the home country on Saturday. He and family, wife and three young children, are now in Sheffield where he is on study leave doing his masters programme. He was, at the time he went on study leave, holding the position I held when I first started work in Bintulu. He was also at one time staying in the house opposite Mum’s house in JB. So it was a pleasant surprise to have him visit us, and a surprise too to have met his wife and three little kids. I only remember him as a young schoolboy staying opposite Mum’s house although I had met him for brief moments when he started work with the same employer as mine, he as a young entrant and I as one getting ready to retire. Sita set up a simple dinner for all.

We visited the nearby towns in Pembrokeshire and stopover at one of the hypermarkets to replenish groceries. Ram and I were also not feeling ‘up and about’ preferring to just relax at home. I guess the travel and drive into the midlands had its downside for us. I guess we should not rush and bunch up all outstation travels at one go and I refuse to believe that age is the factor heh heh. It is just that we need to space up our outstation movements. We have the next long distance outing coming up very soon and hope we will be ready and up to it come Monday…..

MKI Ramblings Unlimited
Tenby, Pembrokeshire

No comments: